Grant Program Details
The SchoolPower Endowment Fund encourages innovation, creativity and excellence in our schools. We therefore invite you to submit a grant request for programs that you would like to implement in 2013-2014.
Grant Program Goals:
- To encourage excellence and innovation in teaching
- To fund innovative or additional programs in the LBUSD that might not otherwise be possible within current district budget priorities
- To expand upon current curriculum with innovative teaching strategies
- To build on successfully executed grants from past years
All teachers, administrators, and classified staff of LBUSD are eligible to apply for grants, as long as direct impact on students can be demonstrated. All grant proposals must be supplemental to the instructional programs.
Scope and Requirements
Grant awards are based on the demonstrated needs of the project and the funds available. In some cases, an award may cover only a portion of the entire projected cost. A detailed budget is essential for projected costs, describing how the entire budget will be spent.
All expenditures for equipment and supplies must be consistent with the description outlined in the application. All materials and equipment purchased with SEF funds become the property of the LBUSD.
Grants are not intended to pay for college or graduate school courses, or programs for which funds are otherwise available. Nor should they be used to purchase materials, such as core curriculum text and standard school supplies, which should be covered in the school's operational budget.
All grants exceeding $10,000 must be discussed with site principal prior to submitting an application (new requirement).
Criteria for Evaluation
Your Principal, District, SEF Grant Committee and in some cases a District Technology representative will be looking at each grant application. Criteria on rubric used to evaluate will include but not limited to:
- Long Term Impact
- Cost/Benefit Ratio
- Number of students impacted?
- Can it be duplicated by others?
- Is SchoolPower SEF the best funding source?
- Does it enhance the Curriculum?
- Grant application process continues.
March – April:
- Application Process closes at 5:00 on Monday March 4th, 2013. There will be no exceptions to this closing date.
- Comments & Ratings by Principals, Tech Dept (when applicable) & District
- Additional information requested from teachers, as needed.
- SEF Teacher Grant Committee reviews and makes recommendations.
- SEF Endowment Board to vote on committee's recommendations.
- Notifications of grant decisions distributed.
- Presentation of grants awarded at School Board meeting
Please note that due to limited funds, not all worthy applications can be approved in any given year.